Order Blue Sky, Brown Sky... for your classroom.
“Blue Sky, Brown Sky... It’s Up to You” is an elmentary school air-quality curriculum provided by the San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District for Grades K-5. The curriculum is designed to introduce students to the causes and effects of air pollution in the San Joaquin Valley, and to teach them behaviors that promote clean air.
The curriculum classroom package includes:
Teacher’s manual for grades K-2 and grades 3-5
- Introduction and Background
- Procedures for Grades K-2: “The Air We Breathe”
- Procedures for Grades 3-5: “Pollution Problems”
- Resources and Glossary
- California Content Standards
Student activity sheets
- Grades K-2 or
- Grades 3-5
Fact Sheets to take home
- Air pollution solutions and other information for parents and other family members.